Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Best of 2010 in Will County

In no particular order


---The Will County Green Party---
Here's what I like about the Green Party's float in the Beecher, Illinois Independence Day Parade: it had a message.  Most political entries in parades simply boost the candidate, and that's fine, but I appreciate the fact that the George Ochsenfeld float took a serious stand on the Peotone Airport and the state's use of eminent domain.




Also, I like any candidate who will grant an interview to some person who comes up to them mid-parade and asks for one:





Furthermore, when I stopped by the Green Party's table inside the commercial building at the Will County Fair, George Ochsenfeld introduced me to Green party gubernatorial candidate Rich Whitney, who answered "sure" when I asked if I could get a quick interview:




I agree with the Ten Key Green Party Values as listed on the Will County Green Party Website-Grassroots Democracy, Social Justice, Ecological Wisdom, Non-Violence, Decentralization, Community-Based Economics, Feminism, Diversity, Responsibility, and Future Focus.


I am glad the Green Party has a voice in Will County and is offering an alternative--and new ideas-- to the main parties.